How The Learner Within can be used.
The Learner Within™ was developed as a tool to assist executives, managers and teams in the process of transforming their organizations in today’s rapidly-changing environment. Learning organizations today will be competitive winners tomorrow. Individuals and teams need tools, learning activities, inspiration, coaching and direction. The Learner Within™ is an affordable resource that can always be within the reach of every team member. Using The Learner Within ™ as a catalyst the organization will develop a culture of continues learning, open communication, feedback and greater individual competency. The Learner Within is a card-based interactive learning resource designed to foster individual, team and organizational learning.
The Learner Within can be used, during training seminars or workshops, as a personal learning assistant and catalyst for change.
The Learner Within is designed to help its users discover solutions specific to them, their team or their organization. Founded on proven techniques in leading-edge management thinking, it contains models, frameworks, thought-provoking questions, suggestions, quotations and resources that will lead its users towards their own discoveries as they chart their own learning journeys. Learning activities relevant to each topic are provided for individuals and for groups or teams. Cross-referencing lets the users take paths specific to their interests, with freedom to choose their paths as they go.
HOW IT WORKS
- In a self-standing storage box, designed as a three-dimensional art object, the users will find:
- A manual on how to get the most out of The Learner Within
- A ‘Using The Learner Within’ envelope to get acquainted with the resource
- A Map (see above picture) of the 64 subjects or ‘learning challenges’
- 64 envelopes, one per subject. Each is easy to find by number and location.
Seven colour-coded cards per envelope:
- Orange for individual exercises and activities
- Red for activities to be done with a partner, a group or a team
- Green for models, frameworks, thought-organizers
- Blue with thought-provoking questions, an invitation to reflect
- Yellow for creative activities and new perspectivesPurple for recognizing and getting past stupidity, accessing wisdom.
- Grey for additional resources, references and linkages with other envelopes and learning challenges.
16 Wild Cards, or Jokers, designed to help the user internalize and reinforce their learning (the Jokers can be used in relation with each of the 64 learning challenges or at any point in time during the exploration).
Roughly 5,000 different learning resources have been distilled into the contents of The Learner Within. It is the way the links between the sources have been identified which gives it the ability to take people on a learning journey into areas which they had not recognized they needed to develop.
To view a summary of all the competencies, click on the learning map.